Explore Bachelor Gulch Properties
You'll Never Find a Community Like This
Bachelor Gulch is not like any other community, anywhere! It is an exclusive on-mountain gated neighborhood offering ski-in/ski-out access from most homes. No matter what type of property you own, chances are you can ski from your main door.
This is why Bachelor Gulch is known for this following saying:
“Many live near the mountains
Some live in the mountains
Few will ever live on the mountain”
So What is Bachelor Gulch, Anyway?
The residences in Bachelor Gulch have been arranged around a central village concept to include dining, shopping, and club facilities. The focal point of Bachelor Gulch Village is the five-star Ritz-Carlton Hotel, enhancing the prestige of this premier resort community. The hotel's 180 guest rooms and 40 suites are complemented by gourmet restaurants, spa facilities, pools and hot tubs, and approximately 13,000 sq.ft. of meeting space.
All residences in the Ritz feature balconies and/or patios, fireplaces, spacious living and kitchen areas, and laundry rooms. Please contact a member of our sales team for information on sales and availability.
Bachelor Gulch Properties at a Glance
Bear Paw Lodge (Four-Building Complex)
- Location: Adjacent to the Cabin Fever ski run
- Unit Features: Spacious 2-, 3- and 4-bedroom floor plans, hardwood floors, marble countertops, old-world tile bathrooms, large great rooms and living areas, beautiful stone fireplaces
- Views: Unobstructed views of the ski slopes and the Gore Range
- Amenities: Central lobby and reception area, private ski storage, heated pool and hot tub, underground parking, some semi-private elevators
- Location: Adjacent to the Ritz-Carlton with amenities of the central village
- Unit Features: Luxury finishes and top-of-the-line appliances
- Amenities: Incredible views, privacy and security; front desk and lobby; walk out to Bachelor Gulch Express high speed quad lift; private ski lockers and storage
- Location: By Bear Paw Lodge
- Home Features: 3- to 5-bedroom floor plans (each with their own bath), 4,400 square feet or larger; single-family, private custom homes; rustic and elegant with luxurious, handcrafted finishes; floor-to-ceiling windows and wrap-around decks to maximize remarkable views; top-of-the-line finishes and appliances, stone fireplaces
- Amenities: Each residence has a heated two car garage and private ski storage; ski in and out from the homes
- Location: Between Everkrisp and Ridge Rider ski runs
- Home Features: 3-level floor plans for gracious living; 2-car heated garage and ski storage; exposed log beams, rock fireplaces, deluxe finishes
- Views: Unparalleled Gore Range views, maximized by expansive decks and patios
- Amenities: Ski-in/ski-out single-family homes
- Location: Adjacent to Rough Lock ski trail
- Home Features: 4 bedroom, 4 1/2 baths, 2-story townhome style; stone fireplaces, hardwood floors, heavy log trusses; custom appliances, deluxe finishes; 2-car heated garages
- Amenities: Small enclave of properties
- Home Features: Each elegant residence features vaulted ceilings and spacious living areas; dining area and kitchen open to a large balcony
- Views: Expansive views of Bachelor Gulch Village and surrounding mountains
- Location: Adjacent to Rough Lock ski trail
- Unit Features: Rustic residences with high-end finishes and appliances
- Amenities: Ski lockers and storage for residents on the main level; heated underground parking
- Home Features: Single-family-style residences; spacious and private 3-level floor plans; most feature 5 bedrooms, with 2 master suites; oversized 2-car heated garages, ski room and storage
- Amenities: Ski-in/ski-out access
European-Style Village-to-Village Skiing
Bachelor Gulch has an interesting history. Its name is derived from a small group of bachelors who originally inhabited this area about a century ago. These pioneers were drawn to this area because of its peaceful seclusion and incredible views! Their favorite mode of transportation during the winter was skiing. The 'second wave' of developers have embraced this concept and combined it with European-style Village-to-Village skiing.
Beaver Creek, Bachelor Gulch and Arrowhead are connected via chairlifts and ski runs. However, this wasn’t always the case.
Bachelor Gulch is a relatively new developed area. Due to the topography between Beaver Creek and Arrowhead, Bachelor Gulch would not exist unless the two owners of both areas were in agreement. For many years, it was speculated that his fabulous area would be developed. It took until the mid '90s until the agreement was reached. I think you will have to concur, it was worth the wait!
Resort Living Right Outside Your Door
The focal point of Bachelor Gulch is the Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch. Not only does it offer an upscale environment but it is where the chairlift begins. This is also where guests of the Ritz, The Ritz Club and members of the Bachelor Gulch Club enjoy a luxury spa, outdoor pool, outdoor fire pit, and a comfortable large area to listen to music while enjoying your favorite drink.
Guests or visitors can make a reservation at the renowned Wolfgang Puck restaurant, Spago or dine at one of the other casual dining restaurant and bars.
It is important to know that Bachelor Gulch does not offer parking or allow access for public skiing. Only residents and guests of Bachelor Gulch, including the Ritz, may start their morning from this chairlift. Everyone else will ski from either Beaver Creek or Arrowhead. Once you ski to the Ritz, then you can enjoy lunch or après ski cocktails in this breathtaking environment. This is an experience you certainly want to include as one of your days in the Vail Valley!
Treat Yourself — You've Earned It!
The Bachelor Gulch Club within the Ritz-Carlton features 19 treatment rooms, a vast array of activities, benefits and fitness and wellness services. This luxurious spa and skier day lodge opened in 2002. The lobby of the hotel is adjacent to the Bachelor Gulch Express Lift so every guest and resident will enjoy ski-in/ski-out convenience.
In the summer, it is equally beautiful! When you live or vacation here, you can walk out the mountain and explore many of the hiking trails that Bachelor Gulch mountain has to offer.
Homes and Condos with a Village-Like Feel
Bachelor Gulch has an exquisite collection of homes and condominiums. The interior finishes include a wide array of luxury mountain design. The locations of these properties are superb! Picture waking up and looking out your window to see the most spectacular views. You may prefer to walk out to your deck with morning coffee in hand and take in the expansive mountain ranges. The home or complex could be perched on a mountain range which results in views of ski slopes, other homes, and mountains. You truly have to see to believe!
If you prefer to vacation in Bachelor Gulch, many of these properties are available for weekly rentals. Please feel free to contact us and we will help you get the most out of Bachelor Gulch!
Find More Avon, CO Attractions
Explore the map below to find shops, restaurants, trailheads, and more near Bachelor Gulch.
Find Your Perfect Property in Bachelor Gulch
There are several enclaves of prime alpine real estate within Bachelor Gulch, and just over 136 single family custom homes. Each residence is carefully designed and positioned to optimize views, promote maximum seclusion, and take full advantage of its enviable location. Expansive floor plans of these private homes range 7,000 to 10,500 square feet (on average), and building sites are one to two acres (on average).
Construction of these rustic and timeless properties mainly consists of native stone and timber. Their finishes and quality of construction are the ultimate in Rocky Mountain elegance, making home ownership in Bachelor Gulch exactly what one would expect in a gated high Alpine community.
To be part of this incredible Bachelor Gulch experience, please contact us at (970) 390-7020. We have detailed brochures of numerous properties, including floor plans. Eager to see what else the Vail Valley has to offer? Pick a resource below to learn more!
Neighborhoods and Condo Buildings
The data relating to the real estate for sale on this website comes in part from the Internet Data Exchange program of the Vail Multi-List Service, Inc. The IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers’ personal, non-commercial use, that it may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing, and that the data is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed accurate by VMLS. Information last updated on 08/25/19 01:43 PM.
Copyright © 2019 Vail Multi List, Inc. (VMLS). The information displayed herein was derived from sources believed to be accurate, but has not been verified by VMLS. Buyers are cautioned to verify all information to their own satisfaction. This information is exclusively for viewers’ personal, noncommercial use. Any republication or reproduction of the information herein without the express permission of the VMLS is strictly prohibited.